CMEGP - Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme
What is CMEGP Scheme?
Government of Maharashtra has approved the introduction of a new credit linked subsidy programme called Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme (CMEGP) for generation of employment opportunities through establishment of Micro & Small Enterprises (project cost limited to Rs. 50 lacs) in rural as well as urban areas in the state.
The CMEGP scheme of would have a 30% reservation for women entrepreneurs.
Highlights of CMEGP Scheme :
Eligibility criteria for CMEGP Scheme:
- Individual between 18 to 45 years of age.
- The candidate who is interested in self-employment.
- For Special category (including SC/ST/Women/Ex-servicemen/Differently abled) age is relaxed by 5 years.
- Assistance under the Scheme is available only for new micro small enterprises projects/ventures limited to Rs.50 lacs.
- The required educational criteria for the applicant are minimum 7th standard pass and for project.
- Units above Rs.25 lakh the required educational criteria for the applicant is minimum 10th standard pass. The applicants should also preferably possess respective / relevant skills required for the project.
- Those candidates who are availing the benefit of any other scheme of the State Government will not be eligible for the scheme.
Eligible Units under CMEGP Scheme:
Project Cost under CMEGP Scheme:
Quantum and Nature of Financial Assistance, funding under CMEGP:
Documents Required for the CMEGP Scheme:
- Birth certificate/School Leaving certificate.
- Age certificate of applicant.
- Pan card of the Applicant.
- Educational Qualification certificate of applicant.
- Project report /Business plan.
- Photo of Applicant.
- Aadhaar card of the applicant.
- Industry documents relating to business premises (preliminary agreement on plain paper)(Industry document registered after bank approval must be submitted to the bank itself ).
- Certificate (SC/ST)
- Supplementary certificate( for special classes/disabled/ex-servicemen)
- Promise letter (undertaking) in the self signed prescribed pattern.
- By Priti Pagare